List Poem

Insufferable


How would you know?
As your fingers trace straight-laced scars
A master painting 
Carved into canvas by my own hand
An ever-evolving sculpture 
Sculpted by many a man

How dare you stare
As a dog watches a duck pond
Hungrily eyeing his prey 
Yet restrained by morality 
An ever tightening leash
Hang yourself with it 

How did you not notice 
your hand resting around my neck 
A noose ever tightening 
An unspoken threat 
If it is power you crave 
Then squeeze just a little tighter

How can you stand?
With no spine to support yourself
Your legs should buckle 
And onto bended knee
To convalesce at my feet
Admiring the sculpture you unwittingly broke

How would you know?
You’re deaf and insufferable 
Complacent and mean
Your disgusting
You bring out the bitch in me
I hate you 

No wait
I love you 
Always 
Don’t leave.

Comments

Popular Posts